Our History and Focus
The West Laurel Swim Club (WLSC) is your summer escape for fun, exercise, and meeting your neighbors (from a safe social distance, of course)! As the largest private pool in Prince George’s County, the WLSC has been a popular summertime recreation attraction for area residents since 1969. WLSC is a non-profit, membership owned organization managed by an elected Board of Directors whose aim is to assure a clean, safe, and relaxing swimming facility for all members and guests. Located on Brooklyn Bridge Road across from the Supplee Dam recreation area, WLSC is ideally situated for convenient access by residents of West Laurel and surrounding communities near the intersecting borders of Montgomery, Howard, and Prince George’s Counties. The Club is traditionally open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, with convenient hours of operation, Sunday through Monday 12pm to 9pm.
Club amenities include:
- An Olympic sized pool, 50 meters, with two legs – one for diving and lap swimming, and the second a 2’-3’ shallow area for younger swimmers.
- A 30’ diameter separate, fenced in, Wading Pool. (Closed for the 2020 season due to County regulations.)
- Water slide Water basketball hoop
- Bath house with restrooms, shower, and dressing facilities.
- Lawn area for lounging with shaded pavilion, picnic tables with umbrellas.
- Snack Shack offering sandwiches, beverages, snacks, and snow cones.
- Fitness lessons for adults, club socials, and special events for all ages.
The WLSC would like to hear from you! Please email us with your questions about membership or joining the Board, ideas, and concerns. The WLSC Board can be reached at (240) 712-4210 or email@example.com.
WLSC 2020/2021 Board Members
Larry Karpman, President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Hollidge, Vice-President
Dick Stevick, Treasurer
Christy Hyder, Secretary – email@example.com
Greg Karpman, Membership – firstname.lastname@example.org
Miguel Lambert, Director
Vanessa van der Have, Director